The Celia Moh Scholarships are prestigious and highly competitive, therefore, each university is asked to forward a very small number of pre-screened candidates to the scholarship for consideration.
Each school has its own method for selecting its candidates. You should speak to your school’s Celia Moh Scholarship representative if you are interested in applying for a Celia Moh Scholarship.
Only select academic majors, departments or programs of study are approved by the Scholarship. Your school’s representative can give you more details.
J. Alex Poorman
Chair of Scholarship Committee
Appalachian State University
Furniture Design Chair
Kendall College of Art and Design
Catawba Valley Community College
Dir. of the Franklin Furniture Institute
Mississippi State University
Dr. Katherine Swank
Dept. of Interior Design & Merchandising
East Carolina University
Professor Tsai Lu Liu
Industrial Design and Graphic Design Department
North Carolina State University
919-515-8340 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Richard Bennington
Home Furnishings Marketing & Interior Design Dept.
High Point University
Professor Audrey Zink-Sharp
Dept. of Wood Science & Forest Products
Below are the minimum requirements for application. You must meet all of these requirements and any additional standards set forth by your university:
- Be enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at one of the scholarship-approved universities, studying in one or more of the approved home furnishings programs.
- Have an overall college academic grade point average of 3.0 or better.
- Be a college junior or senior for the academic year in which you are applying for the scholarship.
- Complete fully the application packet including the following components
- Application form, typed
- 500-750-word essay, typed
- Two completed letter of recommendation forms from your college instructors, typed
- An official college transcript
Details regarding the application process are included in the application packet available from your school’s Celia Moh Scholarship representative.
Emailed, faxed, illegible or incomplete applications cannot be accepted.
Deadline for application materials due to the scholarship office for the 2017-2018 academic year is March 6, 2017.